Frugal living is something that I enjoy doing and teaching about greatly. These skills that I am about to teach you are skills that I am most proud of. Ever since learning how to truly live frugally, I’ve been a much more successful person. There are so many reasons why a people should adapt to a more frugal life. It is beneficiary to your mind, body and life. When you successfully save a certain amount of money or reach a goal by implementing change into your life, it is a great feeling of accomplishment. Some of my best memories have come from reaching my personal financial goals. One of the best parts about becoming even slightly more frugal is that it helps the environment, such as saving power by opting to dry your clothes on a line. Another way that living frugal can help the environment is by saving energy by following a few simple tricks. If you want some additional tips and reasons why frugal living is the best living, read on! You definitely will not be disappointed, I can guarantee it.
Some of you may be wondering why somebody would choose to live frugally. Well, there are many valid reasons to sacrifice a spending lifestyle for a more refined one. The single greatest reason to frugal living is that you can save money. This is why I made these changes in my life and it is also the reason why other millions of people will do the same each year. Another fantastic benefit is that you can same mountains of time. Think about how much time you spend watching TV each month. What would happen if you were say to cancel your TV plan? You would save hours of time, save money from the TV subscription, as well as using that newfound time creating more wealth. Living frugal is a great way to prepare for your future. If you are able to live with so little while still being comfortable, you will face very little economic difficulties because you’ll be more equipped to deal with the situations. Schedule and structure is yet another benefit of frugality. It allows you to have a daily plan to follow which can prevent stress and make everything seem just slightly easier. Last but not least, it is pretty dang enjoyable to save money.
In addition the ones listed above; there are also other reasons to take up living frugally. Now this list can go on forever as there are millions of reasons why living cheaper than normal is a good thing. First and foremost, it is good for the environment. You’ll make changes in your life that will impact the environment in beneficial ways. Everything you do in life affects the environment in a potentially negative way; however these changes can reverse that and make your existence positive for Mother Nature. Living frugal can mean much less stress. Stress comes from difficulties and uncomfortable areas of your life. These changes can eliminate difficulties and lower your stress level. One thing that I’ve read about is that a frugal lifestyle is ultimately good for your soul. Everything you do can build your soul to high places. My favorite part about all of this is that retiring early becomes a reality. It’s not every day that you see someone retire early, that is unless you’re an active member of the frugal living community. I love the sense of accomplishment that comes after paying rent or buying groceries frugally. It is a sense that is unmatched by anything else.
Knowing the benefits of this lifestyle means nothing to you if you don’t follow the right tricks. If you do a little bit of research, you’ll find that there are different methodologies and tips to living frugal. Below I assembled some points that would be easy to start with. If you successfully complete the items listed below, you are on the right track to living a frugal life.
Start Living Frugal:
- Dry Clothes on a line – Drying clothes on a line is a very important tip. If you are able to do this successfully, it’ll benefit your wallet and the environment in multiple ways. Clothes dryers take up a lot of electricity. They’ll also damage your clothes and thus decrease the longevity of them.
- Start Couponing – I discuss couponing a lot on the grocery shopping savings section of BudgetPronto. Head over there if you need more reasons why you need to start couponing today. (Hint: If you want to live frugally, you need to use coupons!)
- Give Up Cable – When I talk to people, cable is a very touchy subject. Lots of people have their lives invested into their television. If you love media so much, go ahead and get a Netflix account. Netflix costs so much less money per month than cable does; and Netflix is using it’s time to create great original content. Seriously awesome stuff.
- Cook at Home – Restaurants are a huge money drain. Get into the habit of cooking your own meals. Not only will this save you money, but it’ll make you more aware of what is going into your body. This’ll help you eat healthier if you take advantage of it. Start cooking at home!
- Unplug everything – You haven’t started living frugally until you’ve started unplugging all of your appliances after you use them. Whenever my toaster is not in use, it is unplugged. You appliances use energy even if you’re not using them! How much could you decrease your energy bill by if you start unplugging after use?
After reading this you should’ve gotten a fairly basic idea of why you need to live frugally. If this hasn’t convinced you, check out other articles and do some more research. You will not regret making the change to a frugal lifestyle. This is a skill that you will develop as you do it. So it is best to start now. Get out a piece of paper and make a list of what you’re capable of doing today. If it takes less than 5 minutes, do it now. Start making this positive change in your life by living frugal. Go ahead, start!